Olenko’s Raw Vegan Gingerbread Men Cookies and Cake
Raw Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
4cups almond meal (or whole raw almonds that you grind)
1 cup coconut flower
2 Tsp Cinnamon
4-5 TBS Ground Ginger Powder ( I like my cookies very gingery, use less if you want)
1 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (a blend of cinnamon, ginger, cloves, lemon peel, & cardamom)
2-3 TBS Blackstrap unsulphured molasses
2 TBS maple syrup
Blend all ingredients together in a big bowl using your hands or you can use food processor if you want. You want the dough to be soft and sticky, if needed add more maple syrup or pure water. Form into a cookie shapes. The batter will be a little sticky but very workable if too soft refrigerate for 30 min or put in the freezer for 5 minutes to get harder. Roll the tough using your hand, making little flat pancakes, sprinkle with dry shredded coconut. Use cookie cutters to form your cookies. Then you can:
1) Eat them like this, soft.
2) Dehydrate as you see fit. I dehydrated them at 118F for 4-5 hours. Store in the fridge in a glass container for about a week or freeze it and enjoy later. You can use dehydrator to warm up your cookies and serve them with fresh homemade almond milk : ) so good!
3) Let the cookies sit out on your countertop for 6-12 hours and dehydrate naturally.
4) Bake in a low oven such as 325F for 8-12 minutes (or to your liking)
*When you serve your cookies decorate them with dry pomegranate seeds, raisons, cranberries, cardamon or fresh fruits. Enjoy : )
Olenko’s Raw Vegan Gingerbread Cake
I used the raw dough from my gingerbread man cookies as a base for the cake. For the filling I mixed in the Vitamix 5 bananas with a bit of pure water, raw cacao beans, dry cranberries. Freeze the cake for about 5 hours. Serve with fresh persimmons on the side, cranberries and cardamon. Tastes great with fresh homemade almond milk. Yummy!
Homemade Raw Vegan Almond Milk
- 1 cup raw almonds
- pure water for soaking the almonds
- 3 cups water
- 2 dates (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- cardamon (optional)
- cinnamon powder (optional)
Soak the organic almonds in water overnight or for at least 6 hours. Drain the water from the almonds and discard. In the Vitamix or high speed blender blend the 3 cups of water, almonds and dates until well blended and almost smooth. Strain the blended almond mixture using a cheesecloth or other strainer. Add cardamon, vanilla and cinnamon if you want. Store in the glass containers or mason jars. Homemade raw almond milk will keep well in the refrigerator for three days.